ELECTRONIC OXYGEN CONSERVER AND RESPIRATORY MONITOR
Demand Oxygen Delivery System. This portable electronic device releases an oxygen pulse dose (bolus) at the beginning of the inspiration. The bolus accomplishes the same physiological effect than with continuous flow devices yet with saving in oxygen consumption up to 8%. This leads to an increase in the autonomy of active patient.
With the following innovations:
- Smart Flow: It increases the bolus automatically when the patient strains. Aim: to improve oxygenation during physical effort (Patent pending).
- Smart Assist: Sensory warning to the patient when the inspiration is not detected. Aim: to educate the patient on the proper use of the device (Patent pending).
- Smart Trigger: Ultra-fast bolus release system. Adjustable trigger with a very low threshold sensibility (-1.5 to -9.5 mmH2O). The software incorporates an algorithm for false trigger filtering. Aim: to improve efficiency, especially in debilitated patients.
- Smart Supervision: It records events (apneas, alarms and setting changes) and breaths. By the Oxymo-SW software, is possible to configure the device parameters, download data, and perform a graphical and statistical analysis thereof (USB port). Aim: to control the patient therapy compliance (until 1 year recording).
Other interesting features:
- From 0.5 to 7.5 L/min equiv.
- Programmable from the keyboard of the device or computer.
- Secure control of operating settings: keypad lock and password.
- The time to activate the disconnection/apnea alarm is programmable from 10 to 60 seconds.
- Auto power-off system.
- Respiratory rate of the patient and trigger signal visible on screen.
- Visible and audible alarms for disconnection/apnea, low battery and O2 failure.
- Power supply:
- 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries (1.2 V). Battery charger integrated in the unit.
- AC/CD adapter.
- Oxygen supply from cylinder, liquid O2 or hospital pipeline.
Dimensions: 87 x 66 x 25 mm - Weight: 165 g (including batteries)