¿WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files generated by the web pages that the User visits, which contain session data that may be useful later in the web page. The data allows the web page to keep its information between pages, and also to analyse how to interact with the site.
Cookies are secure as they can only store information that was put into place by the browser, information that the User had entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. They cannot execute code and cannot be used to access the User’s computer.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of web pages. Cookies cannot damage computers and being enabled helps identify and resolve errors.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Below, we provide more information to better understand the different types of cookies that may be used:
- Session cookies: are temporary cookies that remain in the browser’s cookie file until the website is abandoned, so that none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this provides a better experience to improve the content and make it easier to use.
- Permanent cookies: these are stored on the hard disk and are read by the website each time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a permanent website has a certain expiration date. The cookie will cease to function after that date. They are generally used to facilitate the different services offered by the web pages.
The following is a list of the main cookies used on our websites, distinguising between them:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary such as those used for correct navigation or cookies that serve to ensure that the content of the website is loaded efficiently.
- Third-party cookies such as those used by social networks, or by external content plug-ins.
- Analytic cookies for purposes of periodic maintenance and, in order to ensure the best possible service to the user, with which the websites collect statistical data of the activity.
RELATIONSHIP AND DESCRIPTION OF ‘COOKIES’
The table we publish below summarises the cookies previously described and used on our website:
|Google Analytics||_utma||2 years||Tracking of visits to the website using Google Analytics, a service provided by Google. The objective is to obtain information on user’s; access to the web pages. Data is collected for further analysis and refers to the number of times a user has visited the site, dates of the first and last visit, duration of visits, page accessed from, search engine used, place in the world from which it is accessed, and so on.|
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES: COMPLEMENTARY GUARANTEES.
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behaviour of a cookie or disable cookies within your browser settings or options. The steps for doing so are different for each browser, and instructions can be found in the help menu of each browser. Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode may have different names. Below you can find a list of the most common browsers with a link to the cookie settings and the different names of this “private mode”: