HERSILL | NEWS | Madrid |18 FEB 2019
On January 21, 2019, HERSILL obtained ISO-14001 certification, the international standard for Environmental Management Systems (EMS), which helps your organization identify, prioritize and manage environmental risks, as part of its normal business practices.
Increasingly, organizations, regardless of their activity, size or geographical location, have to meet more environmental requirements imposed by government, clients and society at large. Therefore, it is essential to use tools that integrate the environment into the overall management of the company.
The implementation of an Environmental Management System according to UNE-EN ISO 14001 offers you the possibility to systematize, in a simple way, the environmental aspects that are generated in each of the activities that are carried out in the organization, as well as to promote environmental protection and pollution prevention from a point of view of balance with socio-economic aspects.
Thanks to the implementation of an Environmental Management System according to the international standard ISO 14001, your organization will position itself as socially responsible, differentiating itself from the competition and strengthening, in a positive way, its image vis-à-vis customers and consumers.
Among other environmental benefits, it will optimize the management of resources and waste, reduce the negative environmental impacts resulting from its activity or those risks associated with accidental situations.
In terms of economic benefits, in addition to boosting innovation and productivity, your organisation will have the potential to reduce waste management costs or insurance premiums, remove barriers to exports, reduce the risk of litigation and sanctions, increase access to subsidies and other preferential funding lines, or reduce employment risks by motivating staff.
WHY IS ISO 14001 IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS
ISO 14001 certification offers a range of benefits for your organisation:
- Reduce costs: As ISO 14001 requires a commitment to continuous improvement of the GHS, setting improvement targets helps the organisation to use raw materials more efficiently, thus helping to reduce costs.
- Compliance management: ISO 14 001 certification can help reduce the effort required to manage compliance and manage your environmental risks.
- Reduce duplication of effort: your management system allows you to integrate the requirements of this and other management standards into a single business system to reduce duplication of effort and costs.
- Manage your reputation: ISO 14 001 certification helps you reduce the risks associated with any costs or damage to your reputation associated with sanctions, and builds your public image to your customers, regulators and key stakeholders.
- Be the supplier of choice and increase your competitive edge: allows you to work with companies that value organisations that are environmentally friendly.
- Easy integration with other management system standards with ISO 9001 (Quality), OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Safety and Health), ISO 50001 (Energy), and other management system-based standards.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001 WITH LRQA BUSINESS ASSURANCE
LRQA is accredited to issue ISO 14001 certificates in all sectors and has participated in its technical development. This means that whatever your line of business, we have been recognized for having the ability and knowledge in providing effective service.
LRQA Business Assurance helps you manage your business challenges, systems and risks to improve and protect your current and future environmental performance, and meet the needs of your stakeholders:
- Our in-depth knowledge and technical expertise enables us to deliver tangible benefits to our clients through a structured approach to project management..
- We know that good communication is critical to providing transparency through every step of the GHS process. We work with our clients and set clear expectations on end results for all parties.
- LRQA Business Assurance offers ISO 14001 certification and training services.
⊂ ISO-14001 certificate HERSILL ⊃